5.08.2009

Week One From Florida

May 7, 2009
Dearest Students in Israel:
I am thrilled that my students are being offered this exciting opportunity! Every one of my students (all 53 of them) wanted to participate, so I had each of them fill out a questionnaire, answering this week’s topics. After careful consideration I have chosen the following responses. We hope you know that there is a group of students in Florida that are anxiously awaiting your reply and your friendship.
Best Regards,
Lora Duncan


My name is Gabriela. I will be 13 in July. I am in 7th grade and I am a girl. I have dark brown eyes, and very curly (frizzy) hair. I’m African American. I live with my mom, dad and little brother. I don’t like any sports besides swimming. I love music. I am very quiet in class, but outside some people can never get me to stop talking. I am anxious to learn about your culture.

My name is Amber. I am 13 and in 7th grade. I am a girl. I have straight, blonde hair, blue eyes and freckles. I live with my Mom, Dad and sister. I like soccer, basketball, shopping, track and singing. I don’t like scary movies, snakes or spiders. I want to know if you like the same sports.

My name is David. I am 13 and in the 7th grade. I am a boy. I have blue eyes, and short black hair. I live with my mother, father, and younger brother. I like to play soccer, read and build things. I am a nice guy, tolerant, smart and sort of athletic. I don’t like lazy people. I hope to learn more about your daily lifestyle and your heritage.
My name is Chase. I am 13 and in 7th grade. I am a boy. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I was born in the state of Virginia. I live with my mom, dad and brother. I like to play the guitar, basketball, football and soccer. I am tall and athletic. I am wondering how life is in Israel and how it is different from my life in America.

My name is Andrew. I am in 7th grade and I am 13 years old. I am a boy. I have dark hair and dark eyes and I am very tan. I am Italian and Scottish (because of my parents) but I was born in the USA. I like sports a lot and my favorite food is Japanese sushi. I don’t like guacamole, but I love Mexican food. I want to know if you skateboard in Israel. After school I like to skateboard.

Hi! My name is Taylor. I am 12 years old and in the 7th grade. I am a girl. My eyes are brown and my hair is brown. I was born in Florida and I live with my mom and dad and little sister and little brother. I have a dog and 5 birds. I don’t like math and I love to sing and dance. My friends are fun to be around. I look forward to learning about you.

Hello! My name is Hannah. I am turning 13 years old in June. I am in 7th grade and I am a girl. I am a Christian and I go to a great church. I have hazel eyes and blonde hair. I was born in Florida. I have a wonderful and caring family. I love to play soccer but I do not like getting up early. I am looking forward to learning more about you.

I’m Nate. I’m 12 years old. I’m in 7th grade and I am a boy. I have bright blue eyes and long, straight hair. I am quite skinny. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, which is north of Florida. I have a mom and dad and brothers and sisters. I like death metal music, and I don’t like rap. I would like to know what kind of instruments you play.
Hi. My name is Stephen. I am in 7th grade and I am a boy. I have brown eyes and brown hair. I was born in Athens Greece, but I moved to America when I was 2. I live with my mom, brother and 3 sisters.

Hello. My name is Taryn. I am 14 years old and in 7th grade. I am a girl with light skin brown hair, brown eyes and I wear glasses. I was born in Oklahoma, USA. I live with my mom, dad, brother and sister. I have 5 cats. I like Italian food, my friends and books. I play guitar and sing. I am trustworthy and a good friend. I am a tomboy and not very coordinated.

Hi. My name is Hannah V. I am 13 years old and I am in the 7th grade. I am a girl. I have brown hair and brown eyes. When I was a baby, I had blonde hair. I was born in Chicago, Illinois. I live with my mom, dad and 4 sisters and brothers. I have 4 birds and 2 dogs and 1 bunny. The bunny and 2 birds are mine. I like Tinkerbell, penguins and a lot of things. I like to sing and to ice skate. Do you ice skate in Israel?

Hi, my name is Catie. I am 13 years old and in the 7th grade. I am a girl. I have blonde hair and green eyes. I am 5’5” and I was born in Florida. I am adopted and my family is really nice. I like soccer and I dislike baseball. I like people who are nice and not people who are not nice.
My name is Brandon. I am 12 years old and in 7th grade. I am male. I have blue eyes, blond hair and a small nose. I am 5’4” tall and I wear a size 11 shoe, which is big for my age. I was born in Florida and I have 2 brothers, one is younger and one is older. I also have 2 sisters. I like football and soccer. I don’t like bullying. I have a lot of friends and I don’t make fun of people. I am looking forward to hearing about all of the things you do at your school.

My name is Jordan. I am 13 years old and in the 7th grade. I am a female with blond hair and green eyes. I was born in Florida. I live with my mom, dad and little brother. I like to read, ride bikes and play basketball. I don’t like homework. I also enjoy acting. I would like to know many things from you and look forward to reading your blogs.

Hi, my name is Tim. I am 13 years old. I will be 14 in November. I am in 7th grade. I am a boy. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I am white and my hair is short. I was born in Florida. I live with my mom, dad, and two sisters. I like soccer and sports. I don’t like school and math. I am competitive when I play sports and I am a Christian. I hope to find out the differences and similarities between us.

My name is Brian. I am 13. I am in 7th grade and I am a boy. I am dark tan or brown, really, really dark brown. My hair is short and black. I was born in Puerto Rico. I live with my mom, dad, sister and brother. I love sports and I hate math.

Hi. My name is Brandon. I am 13 years old. I am in the 7th grade and I am a boy. I have dark brown eyes and hair. I was born in Florida. My family is my dad, mom, and brother Andrew, my grandma, my grandpa, my uncle, my aunt and my 3 cousins. I like video games and hate racists. I am very skillful at many things.

Hello. My name is Courtney. I am 13 years old and I am a girl. I am a metal head, which means I like rock metal music. I love music and I’m very artistic. I was born in Florida. My family was born in other countries like Scotland and the UK. I like to play guitar, write music and practice with my band. I want to know how you live and what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment